Bailey Family Dental is available for Dental Emergencies in the Waukesha, Hartland, and Oconomowoc area’s. If A dental emergency occurs with your child feel free to contact us.
Accidents can happen anywhere, anytime. Knowing how to handle a dental emergency can mean the difference between saving and losing your child’s permanent tooth. For all dental emergencies, it’s important to take your child to the dentist or an emergency room as soon as possible.
Here are some tips if your child experiences a common dental emergency:
- For a knocked-out tooth, keep it moist at all times. If you can, try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it in between your child’s cheek and gum, or in milk. Call your dentist right away.
- For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down.
- If your child bites his tongue or lip, clean the area gently and apply a cold compress.
- For toothaches, rinse the mouth with warm water to clean it out. Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissues.
- For objects stuck in the mouth, try to gently remove with floss but do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.
Serving Waukesha, Oconomowoc, and Hartland Wisconsin, Bailey Family Dental is most concerned with your comfort. Drs Terese and Richard Bailey and their friendly staff will explain treatment options and give estimates before you begin your treatments. To learn more, feel free to go to our website at www.bailyfamilydental.com, or call us at 262-369-8633. Our office is located at 557 Cottonwood avenue, Hartland Wisconsin.